Our aims and work
- To improve the quality of life of patients with thalassaemia major
- To ultimately eradicate thalassaemia major in Hong Kong
- To arouse awareness of Thalassaemia and encourage acceptance of patients
with Thalassaemia major in our society.
- To provide counselling and psychological support to patients and their
- To help acquire new medical equipment to improve the treatment for the
- To promote professionalism and knowledge of medical practitioners and parents
through invitation of renowned medical experts to seminars in Hong Kong.
- To subsidy research for improving patient care.
- To support self-help groups of Thalassaemia.
- To support the patients in procuring iron-removal equipment and accessories.
- To provide trainings to patients for employment development.